Let Your Sales Tech Stack Work For You Instead
The one software you didn’t know your sales team needs today.
Are you living in 2022 if you don’t use technology to make your life easier? Technology is something inevitable in the current world.
Imagine having to hand wash all your clothes early morning, do all house chores, walk 200 meters to the main road, and flag a cab after waiting for 20 minutes. You end up hearing an ear full from your boss for reaching an hour late.
But when technology takes over house management, you can run your household more efficiently. Instead, you would let the washing machine run while you complete all your chores and book an uber to help you reach your office within time.
The same is the case with running a business. Every team uses software or two to perform functions once done manually.
We are at a stage where the problem is not dearth but the abundance of technology. Too many options create a paradox of choice, and keeping track of which software is used for which team in what order can be messy.
Your company needs an optimized tech stack for seamless collaboration, flow, and integration to extract the maximum benefit.
What Is A Tech Stack?
It is a deck of software tools that aid in optimizing the tasks of your sales reps to help them provide the ultimate customer experience. This stack is your gateway to efficiently automating the acquisition, conversion, retention, and expansion cycle.
If you are looking to execute any of the following actions to improve your business standing and remove persistent bottlenecks that result in losses, you need a sales tech stack:
- Remove or streamline manual processes.
- Eliminate overlapping tools of tools and extra expenditure.
- Improve engagement with prospects and strategize the sales cycle.
- Engage and retain quality leads more efficiently and in a less laborious manner.
- Maximize conversions throughout the sales pipeline.
- Find tools to improve the most important KPI metrics.
Let’s look at why your existing sales stack might not deliver as you expect in this current landscape of improvised tools.
Why Is Your Sales Tech Stack Not Delivering?
The pre-pandemic era was not as demanding as the current state of life. There is a tremendous increase in demand which became challenging to streamline due to the sudden shift to remote processes.
It created mayhem within businesses, and the integration of different teams sometimes overlapped or got eliminated. This resulted in a dire need for better CRM.
All facets of sales like capturing existing leads, approaching potential prospects, engaging with customers, and humanized communication are more challenging than ever before.
Here are some reasons why you need to take a look at your sales stack if your sales rates are dropping:
- Excessive tools — Tools are only as good as their usage. We need to move away from the notion that more is better. Using more tools does not immediately equate to more efficient and effective performance.
- Inefficient Integration — According to the survey by GetAccept, 45% of drawbacks of digital selling tools are due to low team-wide adoption. If only three out of five members in your marketing team use a tool, the other two are bound to bring down the organization’s metrics due to reduced efficiency.
- Multiple processes — If the team doesn’t lock down on a roadmap or flow, it results in missed deadlines and delayed progress since essential stakeholders are not chimed in on the key activities.
- High learning curve — Sales is essentially a play of time and money. If the sales reps need to spend days learning new software, they might make a sale instead of using the traditional methods. If the ROI is poor, there is hardly a reason to shift.
What you should try doing instead
The apt sales tech stack can help sellers personalize the buyer’s journey and thrive in today’s highly competitive sales environment. Read the following pointers, see what your company needs the most, and adopt tools that help you do the same.
- Instantaneous — Try providing instant help to customers, whether to sell or solve. The attention span of users on a single task is a maximum of 5 minutes, depending on the urgency. You will gain loyal customers if you can deliver a solution or hope within that period. It might help onboard paid customers for longer subscriptions as well.
- Automate — Eliminate the need to enter data manually by automating your processes. Collecting, organizing, and predicting can all be done using advanced AI and Machine Learning. It helps create a more personalized experience for your users as well. We will see some tools below.
- Integrate — Instead of using five different workspaces and then another one to integrate all, use just one that can perform the same tasks and link everything seamlessly. It only helps all stakeholders get on the same page.
- Transparency — Machines build ambiguity and fear. To help users understand the backend functionalities and the fate of their personal information, show the progress or indicate the transactions through words and design.
- Humanize — Empathize with your user and their journey to build trust. Build relationships with customers by tweaking your brand voice and identity to that of an actual human. Build for the user by talking to the target audience and designing the most appropriate solutions.
How To Get Started?
The world is moving towards product-led growth. So most traditional marketing methods might not pick up the pace of the business as they once did.
We all know time is money! Most businesses lose customers due to the time they take to deliver their requests for assistance, added features, or glitches.
Meanwhile, a competitor might come up with the same or better solution. So, the key here is to improve efficiency and pace through the tools you pick for your organization.
The Tool For Your Sales Tech Stack
If you search for Sales Tech Stack online, you will find multiple tools across a million sites. I am here to tell you what lines you must think of before selecting the right stack for your product because one size doesn’t fit all.
Picking the right software also ensures a slight learning curve and a proven high return on investment (ROI).
Here is a new-age tool called DevRev, which is trying to reimagine the workspace so the developers and product managers can directly get in touch with the end customers.
1. Reduce Issue and Ticket Management Time
- Through Vistas, you can reduce all the time taken for the customer to connect to customer support, then to the product lead, who raises a ticket to the dev team, and the dev lead assigns an issue to the respective developer.
- Accessing all your issues, tickets, features, and services in one place with real-time collaboration and reporting helps break down the front and back-office silos, moving away from switching between multiple software Jira, Slack, and Zendesk.
2. Humanize Customer Communications
- A lot is lost in communication between sales representatives and customers. Incorporating an SDK like PLuG into your application can help you directly nudge, guide, and support your users as they try the product themselves.
- In the world of systems and devices, humanize the experience in ways you can. It not only allows for clear communication but immediately translates product value, resulting in acquiring customers at a rapid rate. After onboarding the customer, you can continue extending help through PLuG.
3. Integrate Multiple Tools in One
- Let the machine do the work instead of you wasting time manually collecting, storing, and analyzing data. In fact, you can save the time required in transferring data from one tool to another through Trails.
- You can become product-led by gaining a more thoughtful understanding of problems, success metrics, and goals by creating a unified customer and product system of records.
- Visualize how every microservice and API powers your features and capabilities on a single dashboard to learn its direct impact on your sales metrics.
The product impacts the sales directly in 2022. Apart from the above, you can ensure your design team uses a responsive design approach to view on desktop and mobile since most customers are mobile users.
Make a list of your product and business needs, have your roadmap for reference, and pick the tools that help and integrate all wings of your organization.
Have a fixed budget for your sales tech stack and once you see profits rolling in from the satisfied audience, work your way up from there.
You are viewing an NFT